The Account Manager builds, strengthens, and grows our client relationships. This role serves as the primary point of contact for the client to FiveStone and, in doing so, acts as the “glue” that binds FiveStone to the client. The Account Manager has a deep understanding of the client’s business, industry, customers and pain points, and offers insights to FiveStone teams on how best to serve the client’s needs. The Account Manager serves as the voice of the client back to the FiveStone team and the voice of the FiveStone team back to the client.
Overall this role provides three basic functions:
Relationship Management: You will act as the primary conduit for all communications around contracts, billing, customer service, problems, resolutions, and general project status. As a result of this communication, you will build a strong relationship with the client that leads to healthy projects and overall satisfaction and success for both the client and agency. This means that conversations will sometimes be challenging, but ultimately will strengthen the client relationship and help foster long-term partnerships.
Account Leadership: You are bigger than to-do lists and timelines (although that is part of your work). The core of this role is to represent the best interests of the client into the agency. This means you have deep knowledge of the client’s industry and their business. Internally, you can lead conversations at FiveStone acting as the voice of the client, anticipate potential problems, and look for growth opportunities.
Account Strategy: On behalf of the client, you will think strategically to look for new ways to solve problems, and help them meet their goals. This means planning and developing with the FiveStone team, identifying paths for growth, and then mapping those pathways to our agency’s capabilities. This will generate account growth and help the client hit business objectives.
What You Will Do
Each day your work will focus on these kinds of activities:
- Building strong relationships with clients to learn the organizational structure, culture, and process in order to facilitate seamless on-boarding and integration of agency products and services.
- Acting as the voice of the customer to ensure FiveStone project teams understand client priorities and values in every decision.
- Reporting back to the client about strategic decisions and project direction.
- Working with internal teams to create proposals and project scopes for client work.
- Review time tracking logs to validate that clients are billed in a timely and accurate manner, and that budgets are being met.
- Partner with product owners, project managers, and other agency staff to ensure client expectations and deliverables are met.
- Ensure client happiness/satisfaction through regular meetings, reporting, and checkpoints.
- Initiating and following-up on production work inside of the agency on behalf of the client; working with the internal person responsible for scheduling all production jobs and moving them through the various stages of development; and keeping track of the task dependencies.
What You Know
Because of your past experience or independent learning, you have a healthy mix of this knowledge:
- You are adept at discussing marketing capabilities and strategic value, while also being a strong generalist in social/digital marketing, UX/UI design principles, branding, storytelling, video, and advertising.
- You have excellent executive-level communication skills, including the ability to facilitate meetings, lead presentations, and manage email communications in a responsive, friendly, and professional manner.
- You can address scope, contracts, and billables in a pleasant and direct manner.
- You can recognize and unpack a new sales opportunity with the client.
- You know how to prioritize your work based on client and agency dynamics.
- You can gracefully and tactfully say “yes” as well as “no.”
- You understand and can integrate with a dynamic client services approach wherein account sponsors, strategy leads, product owners, and project managers are all involved in building personal and professional relationships with the client throughout the project.
Who You Are
You have a healthy mix of these qualities:
- You get satisfaction from serving your clients with excellence and making your agency successful.
- You have worked in an agency before performing a similar role.
- You have a marketing background in the areas of social, digital, or design.
- You have a degree in something, who knows what, but you definitely paid for one.
- You think on the fly and can articulate your ideas in-real time, and with clarity.
- You like to research and dig into new fields to gain a better understanding of why an organization does what it does.
- You have a curiosity for learning about new things.
- You can connect your broad knowledge to specific solutions or ways of thinking.
- You like being an integral part of a team.
FiveStone is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We believe a diverse workplace is a great workplace.